Three alternative Spritz recipes
10 August 2020 / Food /
Although we will never say no to an Aperol Spritz in the sun, as the heatwave continues we decided it was time to vary our cocktail choices. Our Head Bartender at The Stables Bar, Matthew, shares three alternative spritz recipes that are easy for everyone to make at home.
If you’re a negroni fan, you’ll love this longer twist on the classic.
- 25ml Antica Formula – Sweet Vermouth
- 25ml Campari
- 100ml Prosecco
- Dried orange to garnish
- Add ice to a wine glass.
- Add vermouth & Campari into the glass and stir.
- Garnish with dried orange, or if you don’t have any, orange peel.
The combination of mint and lemon in a Hugo Spritz make it the most refreshing tipple on the list.
- 35ml Tanqueray Gin
- 12.5ml St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 5ml Fresh lemon juice
- 1 lime wedge
- 4 mint leaves, plus more to garnish
- 75ml Prosecco
- Soda top
- Add the gin, liqueur and lemon juice into a wine glass.
- Add ice and stir, then add mint leaves and lime wedge and stir again.
- Add Prosecco, then top with a splash of soda.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Matt’s final recommendation is a real winner, plus you can tailor the ingredients to your taste.
- 50ml Warner Edwards Rhubarb Gin
- 12.5ml St Germain Liqueur
- 75ml Soda or Tonic Water
- Your choice of rhubarb stick, orange wheel or mint sprig to garnish
- Combine the gin and liqueur in a wine glass.
- Add ice and stir, then add either soda or tonic water.
- Finish with your chosen garnish.
Please ensure to check all allergens in the ingredients before serving.