Three of the best: Summer cocktail recipes
4 April 2020 / Food and Drink /
As we continue to enjoy a generous dose of British sunshine, we’ve come to love a refreshing and summery tipple more than ever. So, we asked our head bartender at The Glasshouse Bar, to share three of his favourite cocktail recipes that lend themselves perfectly to a warm summer’s evening.
A quintessential English twist on a modern classic
- 50ml Chase Rhubarb Vodka
- 10ml Cointreau liqueur
- 10ml fresh lime juice
- 25ml cranberry juice
- 2 Dashes of La Fee Rhubarb Bitters (optional)
- Orange peel to garnish
- Combine the Chase Rhubarb Vodka, Cointreau liqueur, lime juice, cranberry juice and La Fee Rhubarb Bitters (if using) in a cocktail shaker with some ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds before fine straining into a cosmopolitan glass.
- Finish with a garnish of orange peel.
A refreshing and light concoction to tantalise the taste buds, this has become a firm favourite on the Ayala Brut Nature Bar pop-up’s menu.
- 25ml limoncello liqueur
- 5ml fresh raspberry purée
- 100ml Ayala Brut Champagne
- Spoon the raspberry purée into a Champagne glass, followed by the limoncello, and then gently top up the glass with Ayala Brut Champagne.
- Give it a gentle stir before serving straight away.
This is a refreshing non-alcoholic invention, which is best garnished with freshly-picked mint.
- 150ml green tea
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- 5ml agave nectar
- 3 Slices of cucumber
- Handful of fresh mint
- Prepare the green tea and leave to cool. Muddle the cucumber in a Boston glass before adding the green tea, lemon juice and agave nectar with some ice.
- Shake vigorously for ten seconds before fine straining into a jam jar.
- Garnish generously with a sprig of mint and serve.
Please ensure to check all allergens in the ingredients before serving.
Please note that our cocktail menu changes regularly, so not all the above cocktails will be available at The Glasshouse