Recipe: Chocolate Chunk Cookies
16 April 2020 / Food and Drink /
Created by our Executive Pastry Chef, here’s an easy peasy, delicious recipe for soft, gooey chocolate chunk cookies, perfect for using up leftover chocolate eggs (if such a thing exists). Enjoy!
- 175g butter or margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg or 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 320g flour
- 175g chocolate Easter egg chunks (or chocolate chips if the Easter eggs are long gone)!
- Beat the sugar and butter until smooth – do not cream
- Slowly add the eggs
- Then add the dry ingredients
- Finally, add the smashed leftover Easter eggs
- Roll the mix into balls (you should have about 10 – 12) and rest in the fridge for 2 hours
- Once rested, place the balls on to a baking tray and bake at 180°C for 12 minutes
Top tip – remember the best cookies are served still gooey in the middle. When they come out of the oven they will be soft, but don’t be tempted to cook for any longer as they’ll firm up as they cool.