Cocktail Hour: Elderflower Collins Recipe
14 July 2020 / Food /
During the summer months, our grounds truly come to life. Whether it be the unfurling of vibrant blooms, the gentle hum of busy bees or a warm breeze scented with notes of elderflower – it’s sure to excite all the senses. So, when it comes to creating the perfect tipple, you can’t go wrong with an Elderflower Collins. Combining tart citrus notes with fragrant elderflower, this simple cocktail is ideal for those balmy summer evenings spent soaking up the last of the sunshine.
15ml fresh lemon juice
20ml (or to taste) elderflower cordial
Limonata (we like San Pellegrino) or old fashioned Lemonade
Elderflower blossom (if you can get it) alternatively use 1 mint sprig, to garnish
1 lemon wheel
- Fill a highball glass two thirds full with crushed ice
- Combine the gin, lemon juice and elderflower cordial in a shaker.
- Shake until well combined
- Pour into your glass.
- Top with limonata or lemonade and gently stir.
- Garnish with the lemon wheels and elderflower blossoms or herbs.