Ask the Bar/Bat Mitzvah Planner
26 July 2019 / Celebrations /
At The Grove we understand how important it is to create a very special celebration for your child at this significant time in his or her life. To help, here are the questions that most families ask us when they start planning a Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah. Any other questions? Just get in touch with our team on 01923 296020 or email email@example.com. We’re here to help, every step of the way.
What are your top tips for planning a Bar or Bat Mitzvah?
- Plan well ahead – We recommend booking your date two years before, just make sure your date doesn’t clash with anything else which would affect your guests’ availability.
- To make it really unique, reflect your child’s personality and interests – Does your child love a particular book, hobby or sport? We can help you express this in a truly memorable way. The neutral décor of our largest event space, Amber, is the ideal backdrop for personalising your celebration.
- Think about the weekend as a whole – Consider the pre and post celebration days. Arrange a get-together to make a weekend of it.
- Consider transport links – At The Grove, we are located beside the M25 and M1 and have free parking on-site.
- Finally, consider event insurance – It’s always worth protecting yourself against unforeseen circumstances.
What makes The Grove special and different?
It’s a combination of the spectacular 300-acre estate close to the M25 and M1 with free parking for all your guests; 5* bright and airy event suites which are big enough to keep everyone together; beautiful accommodation, unique Walled Garden and restaurants for enjoying the rest of your weekend. Perhaps most importantly, The Grove is a very welcoming, family-friendly hotel, so all your guests will feel free to relax and have fun.
Can you list the key things we should consider?
Your event can range from modest to dramatic and different. Use one of our packages or make every element bespoke for your family – we’re very flexible and happy to do what suits you best.
- Check and book your date well in advance
- Book the synagogue at the same time
- Choose the production company for the lighting, stage set, entertainment
- Choose your florist / interior stylist
- Choose your photographer
- Consider accommodation – we offer a discount for your party
Don’t worry as we’ll help you with all of these things – everything does fall into place!
What are some of the most unusual themes you’ve hosted at The Grove?
A Harry Potter theme featured fabulous book centrepieces for tables instead of flowers. An Alice in Wonderland theme had a twinkly enchanted forest look with beautiful pastel linens, butterflies all over the floral centrepieces, botanical mocktails, Queen of Hearts invites and fairies walking around serving cake pops. In a circus theme, there were live trapeze artists hanging from the high ceiling as well as pop tricycles and glitter tattoos. The sky’s the limit.
How do you handle catering?
However best suits you. We recommended excellent Kosher catering or our chefs provide our own ‘Non-offensive menu’ with endless options for food and drink including any dietary requirements e.g. fully vegan menus.
Freya Herzogenrath-Fisher is Senior Events Sales Manager at The Grove. For more information, please contact our Social Events Team on 01923 296059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org