Ryan’s Pumpkin Pie
29 October 2021 / Food and Drink /
A classic autumn dessert to embrace the season, pumpkin pie ticks all of our boxes. Seasonal? Check. Indulgent? Check. And if you’re looking for a quick and simple recipe, look no further…
- 385g pumpkin puree (canned American puree from the supermarket is best)
- 385g double cream
- 108g egg yolk
- 116g soft dark brown sugar
- 2g nutmeg
- 4g cinnamon
- 1 x sweet pastry tart case
- Heat the puree and the cream in a pan with the spices. Infuse for 5 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolk and sugar into a smooth paste.
- Pour the cream mix onto the eggs and mix well.
- Pour into a sweet pastry tart case.
- Bake in the oven at 90 ˚ for roughly 1 hour until cooked.