Pre payment will be taken at time of booking. If you would like to cancel your booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the day of play will be non-refundable. Providing we have a minimum of 48 hours’ notice we will permit the transfer of the pre-payment to a future date once within 3 months of the original date. Please note cancellations also apply to a reduction in player numbers. The British weather can vary from day-to-day, or even hour-to-hour. Therefore, we do not offer a rain check policy. If you have a voucher for golf, please bring it with you on the day of play. Routine maintenance takes place throughout the year at The Grove. Due to unforeseen climatic changes we are unable to confirm when these works will be taking place and will advise you of any relevant works prior to arrival.
Please note when making a booking of less than 4 players, there is a strong probability you will be paired up to make a 4-ball on the day. The pace of play will remain at a 4-ball pace of 4.5 hours throughout the day, regardless of booking size.
Reservations at The Grove
You shall only make legitimate reservations in good faith, only for use by you and/or your invited guests and/or others on whose behalf you are authorised to act, and not for other purposes, including without limitation, reselling, impermissibly assigning or posting on third party websites, or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations, or any reservations in anticipation of demand. We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations with our discretion for any reason, including where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error, even if such mistake or error is ours. Please note, children are classed as 12 years and below. Those aged 13 and above are classed as adults and will be charged at our full rate.
Standard Room Cancellation Policy
Notification of booking cancellation must be received at least 48 hours prior to arrival date to avoid a one night charge. Please note that packages and offers will have specific terms and conditions.
Flexible Room Cancellation Policy - Spring 2020
During these unprecedented times, we know plans can easily change. From now until 31 May 2020, we are offering free cancellation with no charges. Notification of booking cancellation must be received at least 48 hours prior to arrival date.
Deposits and Payments
The card used to pay the deposit must be presented when taking the service unless it is a 3rd party agreement.
Please note that check-in will not be permitted without a valid credit card or debit card. On arrival all guests will be required to provide a valid credit card or debit card to guarantee room payment (if not prepaid) as well as extras/incidentals. This card will be utilised to administer a pre-authorisation charge of £200 per room per night, plus the value of any outstanding accommodation for the duration of your visit.
Please note although the card is not fully charged at this stage the authorised monies will be held against the likely purchase. The final form of payment for extras/incidentals may be changed on check-out if you wish, however it should be noted that if you fail to complete your transaction at the point of departure with the same card utilised at check in, it may take up to 30 days for the monies to be released back to your account. Personal credit limits are the responsibility of the credit card holder and we do not take responsibility for any charges incurred as a result of any breach in these limits regardless of the length of time charges are held
Guests without a credit or debit card will not be able to check in.
Check In Times and Resort Fee
Please note check in time for the hotel is from 3pm and check out time is by 11am. Use of Sequoia spa and the Walled Garden facilities is permitted from 1pm on the day of arrival subject to availability. If you would like to use these facilities before 1pm there is a Resort Fee of £30 per person. This fee applies to all guests aged two years and above who are staying in our West Wing Superior, West Wing Deluxe and West Wing Family bedrooms. Payment can be made upon arrival at reception.
Sequoia Spa Reservations
Non-residential guests must book either a full day or evening spa package. All treatments must be guaranteed with a credit card. Should you need to cancel your reservation, please contact the Spa Reservations Team on email@example.com. Any cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the day of visit will be non-refundable. Providing we have a minimum of 48 hours’ notice we will permit the transfer of the pre-payment to a future date once within 3 months of the original date.
Some dining reservations require a deposit payable at the time of booking.
Cancellation must be received at least 48 hours prior to the dining date to avoid any charges and receive a refund. The charges applicable are £20 per person for The Lounges, The Glasshouse and Stables Restaurant or £25 per person for Colette’s. We will endeavour to meet all your requests, however please note these are subject to availability.
Detailed terms and conditions for our monthly dining offers can be found at the foot of each page.
The Grove reserves the right to exclude or eject any persons from an event or the hotel premises who it shall reasonably consider to be acting in a manner that is unlawful, offensive, threatening (actual or potential) to other guests or our personnel. We will also take action if we believe that the behaviour of individuals or an entire party may cause or does cause damage to our property or our guest’s or employee’s property. In certain instances the Client will be charged for any actual damage caused. Use of our swimming pools will not be allowed at events where alcohol is being served.
To win a complimentary dinner for 4 at The Glasshouse, simply subscribe to our newsletter to be entered into our monthly draw. You can unsubscribe at any time from future emails using our simple one-click unsubscribe button at the footer of every email. Booking of this prize is subject to availability and does not include beverages.
1. Prize draw is only open to UK residents, aged 21 years or over, excluding employees of The Grove Hotel, or associated hotels, their families, agents, or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion.
2. To enter, entrants must visit submit their email address via www.thegrove.co.uk
3. The prize is a ‘complimentary dinner for 4 at The Glasshouse’ which includes: dinner for 4 people. The prize does not include complimentary beverages.
4. Booking is subject to restaurant availability at any given time.
5. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence, apart from notification, will be entered into.
6. The prize must be booked by the prize winner and taken within a six month period of the notification date.
7. Winners are responsible for any travel expenses to and from The Grove Hotel and any payment over and above the prize as outlined without exception.
8. The winner is defined as the owner of the email address from which the winning entry was submitted.
9. One winner will be randomly selected on the 5th of every month. The winner will be alerted via the email address provided.
10. The Grove accepts no responsibility for any messages that are lost, delayed or unable to send due to lack of internet connection, faulty hardware or for any other reason beyond The Grove Hotel’s control.
11. The winner’s details (name and county only) will be available for six weeks only by sending a SAE to: The Marketing Department, Newsletter Draw, The Grove Hotel, Chandler’s Cross, Hertfordshire, WD3 4TG. Each entrant consents to the use of his or her personal details in accordance with this clause.
12. By accepting the prize, consent is automatically given to participate in reasonable unpaid publicity for and on behalf of The Grove if so requested.
13. The prize is not transferable, refundable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative and cannot by redeemed in conjunction with any other offers.
14. The Grove reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
15. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, The Grove at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
16. In the event that the prize remains unclaimed for 14 days or more, The Grove reserves the right to withdraw the prize and offer no substitute.
17. Result of the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Grove reserves the right to suspend or terminate this promotion, in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
19. By entering, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by these terms and conditions.
20. All entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
21. The Grove reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any point during the promotion if circumstances outside its control make this unavoidable. Any amendments will be explained at the top of these terms and conditions.
22. The Grove will collect data for the purposes of administering this promotion. By entering the competition you are opting in to receive further communications from The Grove and will be automatically added to the relevant mailing lists. You may unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe tool on any future communication you receive.
23. The Grove has arranged this competition in good faith but does not accept liability relating to this prize.
Right to make changes
The Grove reserves the right to make changes, corrections, cancellations and/or improvements to the website and content, and the products, services and programs described therein at any time without notice, including after confirmation of a transaction.
Each Gift Voucher features a unique reference ID code and cannot be extended beyond the expiry date shown on the front of the voucher. Your unique voucher reference ID code, will be required at the point of booking and advance bookings are necessary. It may only be redeemed once in full, may not be exchanged for cash, replaced if lost, and is non-transferable. The gift voucher must be presented upon arrival when redeeming the experience. If not presented, an alternative method of payment will be required. Each Gift Voucher can only be used against the items stated. No change or cash back will be given and no voucher for the difference will be issued. No photocopies will be accepted. Cancellation of a booking with less than 48 hours’ notice will render the voucher null & void. Dates and times are subject to availability. Vouchers may not be valid on selected dates such as Christmas, New Year, Bank Holiday weekends, Easter and Valentine’s Day and supplements may apply during these periods. Vouchers must be used by people over 16 years of age only. All Gift Vouchers are subject to availability. Terms & Conditions are subject to change.