The Booking Process
How can I make my booking?
Will I have to pay for my booking in advance or secure it with credit card details?
- All bookings will require pre-payment to enable us to operate our express check-in and check-out service, limit the time you need to spend at the desk so you have more time to enjoy the facilities.
- Bookings on our standard Best Available Rate will be charged 48 hours prior to arrival. All other booking such as special offers require full pre-paymemt at the time of booking.
- The credit card used for the booking will need to be presented at check in along with one form of ID.
What rates are available and what if I need to cancel or amend my reservation?
- We have 2 different rates available providing differing terms.
- Advanced Purchase Bed and Breakfast Rate: Our Advanced Purchase rates are bookable 7 days or more in advance of your arrival date and include 10% off of our flexible rates. These rates are pre-paid in advance and are non-refundable.
- Flexible Best Available Bed and Breakfast Rate: Our flexible rate gives you peace of mind that if you need to change your booking you can. Reservations still require pre-payment at time of booking, however any bookings that need to be cancelled can be fully refunded or transferred outside of 7 days, or transferred to another date if cancelling within 7 days of your stay.
- We are fully aware that these are uncertain times for us all and therefore would like to offer you our flexibility to ensure you only visit when the time is right for you.
How do I book dining and other activities?
- Our team will schedule your stay, spa, activities and dining options. Some activities will require pre-payment and have differing cancellation terms but we will run through these with you at the time of booking. If you have booked online we will call you in advance of your stay to book these with you.
The Arrival Process
What time can I check in/register?
- For your peace of mind; we request that you confirm your scheduled arrival time with our Reservations team at booking stage. Check-in is guaranteed from 3pm however should you wish to arrive and explore prior to this we recommend arriving no earlier than 1pm. Our team will be on hand to help you make the most of our grounds and everything that The Grove has to offer, including indulgent dining options.
Will I be asked for payment upon arrival?
- We ask that all reservations are confirmed and pre-paid with your desired payment method at the initial booking stage to enable an express check-in for you.
- We will be operating card only payments across the hotel.
- We ask that you carry your signed key card wallet with you at all times, ensuring a swift and easy purchase of any items you wish to enjoy during your stay.
Do you have a parking valet and porterage?
- For your safety, we are currently unable to park guest’s cars so we ask that you park your vehicle in our car park.
- If you require assistance with your luggage, we ask you to pull the vehicle into our main reception turning circle. Our team will meet you, ask you to open your vehicle, and following strict cleanliness and safety measures will locate and sanitise your luggage, before and upon delivery to the comfort of your bedroom.
Will my temperature be checked on arrival?
- We have invested in the latest non-contact infrared thermometer technology, so everyone entering the hotel can be checked on arrival and you can trust you’re entering a safe environment.
During your stay
Will Social distancing affect my stay?
- Whilst we are taking every precaution to ensure yours and our team’s safety, we ask you to adhere to our updated policies, directions and signage during your stay. Our Reservations team will help plan your visit and schedule exciting elements of your visit in advance so that once you arrive, you are confident in knowing that you can sit back, relax and be safe in your surroundings.
What changes have you made to cleaning rooms since re opening?
- Every room will be thoroughly cleaned and then treated with an Ozone or fogging machine after a guest checks out. This will also be taking place in our public spaces.
- All non essential items including some information items have been removed from your rooms to limit risk.
- When you check-in, we will arrange a time that best suits you to service your room the following morning. During service we will replenish towels, make your bed, hoover, complete a general tidy, clean bathrooms and replenish any product used.
- We will avoid having any staff enter your room whilst you occupy it during your stay.
Will you be providing a turn down service?
- During these times we will be unable to provide a turn down service in your room.
How will the dining experience differ to before?
- You will be able to view our menus from an app based system, however recyclable menus will also be available in our bars and restaurants.
- We will ask you how you prefer to be served on arrival and one server will be taking care of you at your table.
- We have replaced our buffet options with a la carte experiences.
- We have removed unnecessary items from your table on arrival and cutlery and condiments will be placed on your table on arrival
What other activities are available on site?
- We have an extensive range of activities available on site including new outdoor activities including laser clay, golf camps and our forest school. Click here to see our full range of activities.
What will I be expected to do in the spa and how will my experience change?
- We ask guests to arrive ready for their spa experience and ideally shower in the comfort of their own room after their swim, gym and/or treatment.
- For further detail on what we have changed to protect our staff and guests, please click here.
How can I book the use of the pools during my stay?
- Our swimming pools will be available for your stay. However our steam rooms, sauna and vitality pool are currently closed.
- Due to health and safety measures, swim sessions for the outdoor pool and children’s pool (both located in the Walled Garden) will need to be booked. Reservations for this will be bookable on the day with the Walled Garden team. Slots are available on the half hour, for 45 minute swim sessions.
- The indoor pool (located in Sequoia Spa) will also need to be booked, however these reservations can be made in advance with our Reservations team. The pool will open for lane swimming only. You can select a fast or slow lane at booking stage. Slots are available on the half hour, for 45 minute swim sessions. Guest will need to leave the area after this time to enable staff to clean between sessions. Children aged 12+ can use the indoor pool when booking between 2.30-4.30pm and the pool will be open to adults from 7.30am-8pm. Once you are on site you will also be able to book swim times with our reception team.
The Departure Process
Will I need to come to reception to check out?
- Your room bill will be sent to you via email prior to 8am on your day of departure. If you have any queries, please call reception from your room and one of our team will be happy to assist you. The card on file will be charged and just your key card can be posted through our key drop facility in reception.
Can my luggage be brought down from my room?
- If you require assistance with luggage please call reception from your room and a member of the team will collect it once you have departed the room.
- Please note our team will not be able to bring your car around to reception as for everyone’s safety we have temporarily suspended valet parking.