COVID-19 Golf Measures
Golf at The Grove will be re-opening from Wednesday 20 May, although the golf experience has been temporarily re-invented to ensure compliance with government guidelines. The full code of conduct is detailed below.
Course Access and Booking
To access the course, a player must:
- Not have visited any country not on the Government’s exempt list.
- Not be in self-isolation or displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- Have made (and pre-paid for) a booking in advance using our online booking platform
- Have provided a telephone number and email address to allow contact tracing
- Golfers should travel to the course alone, or with members of the same household
- Arrival at the course should be no more than 60 minutes prior to the reserved tee time
- Valet Parking will not be available, but guests will be able to drop their clubs off at the Bag Drop
- Ample car parking spaces are available, so players should park with an adequate distance between vehicles to allow for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial spray will be available upon entering the facility
- Rental clubs will not be available for the time being, so players must bring their own sets
- Plastic screens have been installed on all our Buggies. The screens are to remain in position throughout the duration of your round and there should be only one designated driver.
- PowaKaddy and Pull Trolleys will be available, and will be cleaned with anti-bacterial spray on collection
- All visitors to The Grove will require a face mask to enter our Golf Shop. Masks will not be sold or provided and each individual using our facilities must provide their own and be strictly adhered to.
- Access to the main building will be limited to the check in area and toilets
- Toilets facilities will be open within the Halfway House and will be thoroughly cleaned throughout the day
- Locker rooms will remain closed, so players will need to change their shoes in the car park
- Practice facilities will be available at every other bay, although the warm up time will be restricted to a maximum of 30 minutes
On the Course
- Golfers must adhere to the social distancing rules at all times, maintaining a minimum distance of 2 metres
- The starter will be on hand to manage play and to remind players of the safe play code of conduct
- There will be 10 minute intervals between tee times, with a maximum of four players permitted at one tee time
- A players assistant will be monitoring pace of play, as well as social distancing and to help maintain bunkers
- Pin flags should be left in throughout the round with the ball removed by hand, with a golf glove on
- Please do not pick up another player’s club or ball, or make contact with their golf bag or trolley
- Please accept the bunkers as you find them, rakes have been removed for your safety; our players assistant will rake the bunkers as and when they can
- Ball washers will be taken out of commission until further notice
- If a ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not go back to play the shot again to avoid congestion on the course
- If you meet members of the public on a footpath, please stand aside at a safe distance and allow them to pass whilst practicing good social distancing
- The Halfway House will remain open, although service will be take-away only and payments must be made via card
Getting Home Safely
- Our shoe cleaning facilities will be temporarily unavailable
- Golfers are required to remain in their 4-ball bubbles at all times including pre or post golf dining
To plan your next round of golf at The Grove, please click here.