COVID-19 Golf Measures
The golf experience has been temporarily re-invented to ensure compliance with government guidelines. The full code of conduct is detailed below.
Course Access and Booking
To access the course, a player must:
- Not have visited any country not on the Government’s exempt list.
- Not be in self-isolation or displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- Have made (and pre-paid for) a booking in advance using our online booking platform
- Have provided a telephone number and email address to allow contact tracing
- Golfers should travel to the course alone, or with members of the same household
- Arrival at the course should be no more than 60 minutes prior to the reserved tee time
- Valet Parking will not be available, but guests will be able to drop their clubs off at the Bag Drop
- Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial spray will be available upon entering the facility
- Plastic screens have been installed on all our Buggies. The screens are to remain in position throughout the duration of your round and there should be only one designated driver.
- PowaKaddy and Pull Trolleys will be available, and will be cleaned with anti-bacterial spray on collection
- All visitors to The Grove will require a face mask to enter our Golf Shop. Masks will not be sold or provided and each individual using our facilities must provide their own and be strictly adhered to.
- Access to the main building will be limited to the check in area and toilets
- Toilets facilities will be open within the Halfway House and will be thoroughly cleaned throughout the day
- We ask that golfers arrive at the course appropriately dressed and ready to play the course. The Locker Rooms will be open for a toilet facility only. There will be no lockers available for storage so please continue to ensure your items are stored within your own transportation. Should you be travelling by taxi or public transport, please speak to a member of the team who will be able to assist you with storage
- Practice facilities will be available and well spread out with social distancing adhered to at all times. Practice is restricted to a maximum of 30 minutes prior to your tee time.
On the Course
- Golfers must adhere to the social distancing rules at all times, maintaining a minimum distance of 2 metres
- The starter will be on hand to manage play and to remind players of the safe play code of conduct
- There will be 10 minute intervals between tee times, with a maximum of four players permitted at one tee time
- A players assistant will be monitoring pace of play, as well as social distancing and to help maintain bunkers
- Pin flags should be left in throughout the round with the ball removed by hand, with a golf glove on
- Please do not pick up another player’s club or ball, or make contact with their golf bag or trolley
- Please accept the bunkers as you find them, rakes have been removed for your safety; our players assistant will rake the bunkers as and when they can
- Ball washers will be taken out of commission until further notice
- If a ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not go back to play the shot again to avoid congestion on the course
- If you meet members of the public on a footpath, please stand aside at a safe distance and allow them to pass whilst practicing good social distancing
- The Halfway House will remain open, although service will be take-away only and payments must be made via card
Getting Home Safely
- Our shoe cleaning air compressor is open for a maximum of 1 golfer at a time. Please ensure you use hand sanitiser and wear a mask when using the compressor.
- Golfers are required to remain in their 4-ball bubbles at all times and adhere to social distancing guidelines
To plan your next round of golf at The Grove, please click here.