Recipe: Mini Pumpkin Pies
31 October 2019 / Food /
These delicious tartlets are The Grove’s twist on classic American pumpkin pie, created by our Executive Pastry Chef, Ryan Thompson. They’re available in The Glasshouse during Thanksgiving and here’s the recipe for you to make at home. They’re the perfect way to use to leftover scooped-out pumpkin flesh from Halloween. What’s more, it’s super easy, using ready-prepared sweet shortcrust pasty you can find in any supermarket’s freezer section.
Serve with a scoop of thick set cream and they’ll go down a storm with all the family. Quick, easy and delicious.
- 200g pumpkin purée
- 200g whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 55g sugar
- 1g nutmeg
- 2g cinnamon
- Peel and slide the pumpkin then simply boil or steam until it’s cooked. Blend to a smooth, purée texture.
- Heat the cream with the spices and leave to infuse for 2 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and pour the hot cream mix over whilst whisking.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Pour into pre part-baked tartlets and bake in a convection oven at 95ºC for 20 minutes.
- Cook until a slight wobble remains in the middle of the tart.
- Leave to fully cool and garnish with a scoop of thick set cream.
Book a table at The Glasshouse to sample this dish and a whole host of other traditional, seasonal specials.