Grilled Seabass Recipe
13 August 2018 / Food /
Executive Head Chef, Stephen Wheeler shares one of his summer favourites, Grilled Seabass with summer greens, tarragon and Kalamata olives. A light dish, this recipe is best served alongside a chilled glass of wine and a healthy dose of sunshine.
Grilled Seabass, Summer Greens, Tarragon & Kalamata Olives
- 1 x 180g Seabass fillet
- 60g baby spinach
- 30g snow peas
- 30g fresh peas
- 30g broad beans
- 1 sprig of tarragon
- 40g unsalted butter
- 10ml white wine
- 5g shallots
- 10g Kalamata olives
- 2ml olive oil
- Micro herbs
- First make a butter sauce by reducing the white wine & shallots & tarragon stalks by 2 thirds in a sauce pan and add the butter slowly which has been chilled in the fridge, whisk slowly but do not boil, should be a nice velvety texture.
- In a grill pan, season the seabass with salt and grill skin side down for 2 / 3 minutes, turn over and take pan off heat and finish cooking the fish.
- Wash all green vegetables and shell broad beans and then blanch in boiling salted water for 30 seconds and plunge into cold water and keep nice and green.
- Blend olives in a liquidizer until a paste add a little olive oil.
- To serve: Gently heat butter sauce and add green vegetables and chopped tarragon, spoon onto a large plate, put seabass on top and a spoon of the olive paste on top of the fish, garnish with micro herbs