Four Ultimate Summer Facials
17 June 2019 / Spa /
It’s summertime and as we all get ready to bare more skin, our Head Therapist shares all you need to know. She’s handpicked the four best facials here at Sequoia to say Hello to perfect summer kissed skin. Finally she recommends 6 of the best DIY body and face products to take home with you, including a life-saver for hayfever sufferers. Countdown to showing off beautiful, summer-ready skin!
ESPA Inner Beauty Facial – 80 minutes of sheer heaven
If you’ve lost your way with regular skin care or if you don’t have one (OMG!), this is the facial for you. Following skin analysis with our SkinVision™ lamp, your therapist selects naturally advanced spa skincare products rich in plant and marine extracts according to your individual needs. They’re used alongside tailored massage to deeply cleanse, exfoliate, purify and boost your complexion. This treatment also includes a specialised eyelift massage, which helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and relieve tension from eye-strain and computer headaches.Book now
OSKIA Signature Glow Facial – 80 minutes of pure bliss
If your busy life is starting to show on your face, I recommend this facial for you. It’s radiance-boosting facial and combines anti-ageing and glow-inducing techniques to illuminate skin and leave your face, body and mind revitalised.
The treatment starts with a thorough consultation to determine what it is that YOU want from this facial. After cleaning the skin of impurities, your therapist gets to work on the pores, using steam to prepare the skin for extraction. It is finished with a short “Back to reality” back massage to bring you back to the present.
OSKIA founder Georgie Cleeve has pioneered the use of patent-pending MSM (known as the ‘beauty mineral’) in skincare to effectively boost collagen production, promote circulation and help decrease inflammation.
This facial is the BEST way to end a busy day (someone has to be guinea pig!). I left feeling energised, radiant and glowing.Book now
ESPA Natural Face Lift – 80 minutes of total relaxation (but with a facial work out!)
Everyone’s talking about the newest facial to land here at Sequoia! Inspired by ancient Japanese Kobido techniques, the treatment is delivered in four stages: Detox, Invigorating Massage, Sculpt, and Relax. Using ESPA’s new Tri-Active Advanced ProBiome range, it’s a surgery-free alternative to younger-looking skin. Jade rollers are used to increase circulation and bring oxygen to the surface. And a soothing mask is applied to cool and refresh the skin.
Bearing in mind this holistic treatment doesn’t utilise some of the high-tech machines sometimes associated with lifting, sculpting and skin rejuvenation (microneedling, ultrasound etc) the results are quite extraordinary. There was a noticeable lift and contour in my cheekbones and jawline and my skin looked remarkably fresh and healthy!Book now
Natura Bissé High Definition Face Lift – 80 minutes of indulgence (and it takes 10 years off your face!)
THE ultimate only age-reversing and age-preventing facial! Immaculate, precise, perfection. The Inhibit Face Lift is an exquisite facial, frequently enjoyed by celebrities before a red carpet appearance. Thankfully, we mere mortals can also enjoy it here at Sequoia.
Natura Bissé calls it Face-Lift because the skin is absolutely, radically transformed. It’s a proven alternative or complement to medical aesthetic procedures, especially Botox.
This miracles session starts with a master cleansing ritual and deep exfoliation. It’s followed by a definitive energetic massage procedure with NB Activating Facial Brush to increasw microcirculation and prepare the skin for Inhibit anti-wrinkle ultra-concentrate with relaxing neuropeptide. Finally there’s a repairing and hydrating mask with filling effect from hyaluronic acid. The result: renewal, firming, brightness, and an instant, powerful tightening effect coupled with exceptional hydration.Book now
Top 6 Summer Products to take home
- Renaissance Hand & Body Cream by OSKIA | Banish ‘winter skin’ and treat hands and body to Oskia exfoliating Renaissance Hand & Body Cream packed with bio-available vitamins, fermented minerals, fruit AHAs and the very best bio-actives to chemically exfoliate dead skin cells, deeply nourish and rejuvenate. This luxurious and effective moisturiser leaves skin gorgeously soft and smooth from head to toe.
- Micro Exfoliating Balm | This creamy Micro Exfoliating Balm contains the tiniest MSM and silica particles to gently buff away dead skin cells, whilst nourishing the lipid barrier to leave your skin soft, radiant and glowing with health and vitality. Exfoliating once a week not only keeps skin in tip top condition, but also boosts the performance of your skincare products, allowing your products to penetrate deeper into the skin.
- Soothing Eye Lotion by ESPA | Soothing Eye Lotion is a summer skin staple. Like many, I suffer from hay fever… popping on damp cotton pads soaked in Soothing Eye Lotion for five minutes keeps puffy, irritated eyes at bay. Keep it in the fridge for extra cooling benefits!
- Optimal Skin ProSerum by ESPA | For me, ProSerum offers more than a serum, but it’s not as rich on the skin as oil – it’s great for rebalancing skin left stressed after winter. The sunflower concentrate replenishes ceramides and omega oils while turmeric delivers instantly noticeable radiance. Plus it smells incredible!
- C+C Vitamin Scrub by Natura Bissé | Take a night off each week to relax with a complete beauty ritual, including exfoliant and mask. After cleansing and toning, apply NB C+C Vitamin Scrub. It is a marvellous citrus-scented exfoliant that eliminates dead cells and prepares your skin, both to boost the benefits of the cosmetics you apply later, and to get a more even tan.
- C+C Oil-Free MacroAntioxidant®Sun Protection by Natura Bissé | This is not just an SPF; this is a revolution in skincare. C+C Oil-Free MacroAntioxidant® Sun Protection SPF 30 incorporates MacroAntioxidants®; extracted directed from the skin of the fruit, they provide unprecedented biological protection against sun radiation and free radicals. With that added dash of pro-vitamin D, an effective anti-aging ingredient, bask freely in the sun without ever worrying about spots, wrinkles or sagging!