10 things not to miss this summer
4 June 2018 / Families / What To Do /
There’s no better time to visit The Grove than the summer. The countryside is as verdant as ever, the hedgerows gently hum with the sound of bumblebees, and the warm sunshine beats down on those splashing around in the pool. The weather lends itself perfectly to lapping up the great outdoors, from exploring the woodland trails by bike or Segway, to enjoying a spot of tennis or golf.
With a jam-packed programme of activities to entertain children of all ages during the summer holidays, including jewellery-making, Giant Jenga, badminton and rounders, there’s something for every one of our little guests. We’ve picked out 10 highlights that are not to be missed this summer (not forgetting the grown-ups!):
Children of all ages
- Build an award-winning sand castle: Taking place on The Grove’s very own beach in the Walled Garden, the Sand Castle Competition invites children to showcase their skills in creating their finest sand structures.
- Watch hawks soar through the sky: Join us on the presentation lawn for the Flying Hawk Display to witness these magnificent birds of prey swoop through the air under instruction from a local expert.
Children aged 4+
- Get arty and crafty: From jewellery-making to t-shirt-designing, let the little ones’ creativity flow free with arts and crafts at Anouska’s.
- Challenge someone to a showdown: Those who delight in a challenge will love getting competitive in a range of games, from giant snakes and ladders to Connect 4 and the bean-bag-throw.
Children aged 6+
- Get sporty: Those aged six and above will have the opportunity to try their hand at a range of outdoor sports and games, including Kwik cricket, dodgeball, badminton and rounders.
Children aged 10+
- Ride a Segway through the woods: This is a unique way to explore the ancient woodland of Heath Wood. With the support of a fully-qualified instructor, enjoy a tour of The Grove’s nature trails on these two-wheeled vehicles.
- Perfect your golf skills: For those who aspire to be the next Rory McIlroy, our junior golf clinics offer expert guidance from one of our PGA Assistant Professionals. There are also options for children from as young as five years old.
For the grown ups
- Switch off: Ready for some downtime? Head to our award-winning Sequoia spa. We’d recommend the Natura Bissé Orangery Experience, which combines a bitter orange body treatment and facial for a vitamin C boost, available as part of our Summer Days
- Delight the taste buds: Few things beat a balmy evening of al-fresco dining and drinks on the terrace. The Grove is home to four pop-up bars and restaurants this summer. Savour rustic dishes at the Potting Shed restaurant, sip a glass of rosé at the AIX Rosé Bar by the beach, and indulge in oysters and Champagne at the Ayala Seafood Bar near The Glasshouse.